Monday, May 31, 2010

Using Retired Colors



I am lucky that I do not have a ton of left over retiring Card Stock. I am also glad that Stampin' Up! told us what colors would be retiring before June 1st. June 1st is a magic date for Stampin' Up! June 1st is when the Last Chance list is posted telling us what is going and what is staying. This year it will be BIG. With the new Color Renovation that is happening ALOT of stamping supplies will be gone, gone, gone!

Most of the current Bold Brights are retiring and that was a color palette that I picked when I became a demonstrator a little over a year ago. For this project I wanted something bright and fun. I chose Green Galore and Pixie Pink. I am not sad about Pixie Pink because I love Melon Mambo, but Green Galore I like. I am excited about Wild Wasabi coming back so that will replace Green Galore on my shelf.

I made some book marks for some friends that I swap books with at PaperbackSwap.com . If you have never tried swapping books you should check it out. I have traded some books, cleaned off a shelf (or two) and received some great books. All for just postage which is usually just $2.40. Not too bad. I LOVE to read. Reading and Stamping are my passions and my escapes. Okay...I am rambling way too much today! Sorry!



I used the petal card die to make the actual bookmark. These are super easy to make and a great way to use up scraps or retired colors! You use a 4x4 piece of card stock and cut only 3 petals out of the shape. Fold them on the score lines and add a little sticky strip or a glue dot. I used a sentiment from the Whimsical Words set from Sale-A-Bration (a favorite of mine) and stamped that in Pixie Pink. I used up my scraps to cut the scallop circle and both circle punches. They were really cute and super easy to make. My book buddies were thrilled to get them and that made my day!

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

If anyone is interested in a tutorial for this, please let me know. June 1st is going to be crazy at my house, but I will try and post a tutorial this week.

Have a great day!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment